Irwin Sportsmen's Association's mission shall be the encouragement and development of the honesty, good fellowship, and self discipline which are essential to good sportsmanship in all phases of sports afield as well as the conservation of wildlife and to own or lease grounds and buildings for these purposes.
Due to Governor Wolfe's stay at home edict as of 8 PM on March 27th (today) all ISA functions including work parties, meetings, ranges, shoots, Gun Bash, etc. are closed. There is no reason for any member to be at the facility during this time except for emergencies. We will survive this also, it will just take some time.
Gun Bash Cancelled for 2020
Slate Dump Shooting
Please call the North Huntingdon Police (724) 863-8800) to report shooting at the slate dump (West of our ranges beside RR tracks). We need you to help us record when this happens on the official documentation at the Police Department.
Odds and Ends Info
1. The indoor john which is not available yet. Outdoor john is available and it has a light accessible inside the clubhouse at the side door nearest the john.
2. Three Sunday hunting days will be allowed in 2020. Actual dates will be published.
3. Payment in lieu of any work party in 2020 will be increased to $20 (now $10) as approved by the membership at the December 2019 meeting. That means dues payment for 2021 will be $30 per member plus $20 for each of the three required work parties not credited. If all three work parties were not credited, the total payment for the year will be $90. There are so many ways to complete work parties that it should be easy to get that credit. We need your help to keep our facility shining. To get more needed member participation in physical work parties was the main reason to increase the work party amount.
4. 9mm and 380 shell casings have been found in the clubhouse. We allow only 22LR ammo due to safety reasons. Higher caliber/power ammo could punch a hole through the back stop and injure someone in the back room.
5. If you are the last one out of the facility, please, please lock the gate. It has been found standing open several times.
6. If you use the clubhouse please, please lock the entry door. It has been found unlocked several times. The rule should be "if you unlock it, lock it before you leave".
7. Please send me photos or whatever concerning that trophy you took. I will publish on our bragging page with name and any other info you provide.
8. Please clean up your empty shells. This applies to all ranges, especially the shot gun range. It is getting rather sloppy.
9. Members voted to gift the Salvation Army $100 as our monthly donation to charity.
10. $40 won by a member on the membership drawing. $25 next month.
11. $72 won by a member on the 50/50 drawing.
12. 634 members as of end of January. Only 79 did not renew, much less than normal...are we doing something right?
Westmoreland County Conservation School 2020
Boys and Girls completing the 7th grade and between 13 and 15 years old as of the date Saturday July 25, 2020 through Friday July 31, 2020 are welcome to register for a conservation and environment class. To be held at Keystone State Park. Tuition $175 check made out to WCSL. Interested? Contact Vanessa Schantz at Vschantz58@gmail.com if interested.
ISA caps Available for New Years, birthday, and general purpose gifts for only $15 from Dan Nave
FOR SALE, LOST, WANTED, FOUND
FOR SALE - Savage Model 14 .300 WSM with a 3x9 Bushnell Legend scope. Rifle is in great condition. Asking $375 OBO.
FOR SALE - Springfield Armory Model XD 9mm. Comes with case, manual, two 16 round magazines, mag holster, tactical holster, and cable lock. Gun is in great shape. Asking $400 for the pistol.Contact Mike Enick for either or both of the above, 724-812-3190. firstname.lastname@example.org (6/20)
FREE - I have back issues of the rifle magazine starting with 2016 up to 2019...2016 year is missing Jan.Feb.and March...2017 is missing April... 2018 and 2019 are complete...they are free to whoever wants them my name is Rege Byerly phone is 724-733-4715 (4/20)
Club House and Picnic Area Rented
July 25th, 2020
October 17th, 2020
NOTICE....RANGES CLOSED ON THESE DATES
June 13th, 2020 - Club house and rifle range 8-4 PM - Church training
June 14th, 2020 - Club house and rifle range 12-4 PM - Church Training
WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
An ISA member and have something you don't use anymore? Lose something? Need something? Send info by email@example.com to list on the For Sale, Found, Wanted listing. It will be listed for at least 3 months unless you contact us first.
We have entered into an agreement with Manor and Irwin Boroughs to allow their police to train and qualify on our pistol and long rifle ranges. They have paid to have member rights. ISA will have a representative on hand during the scheduled dates to assist.
If you are not getting a monthly Newsletter and want one (email saves up to $1.50 over mail) please contact Smokey Burdin. If you want to change or add an email, please let us know. Thanks.
If you or your young person harvests game, please send me a photo. I will put it on the webpage and room permitting, the newsletter. They will be excited to see their photo. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a lot of information and fun to read matters in Outdoor News magazine. One way to get it is to go to this site http://www.outdoornews.com/Pennsylvania/. You can go to other states or a general category can be viewed. You can also subscribe to regular emails and/or magazine from them.
(Click on sponsor card below to enlarge, CLOSE and movement arrows at the bottom of the enlargement to return)
National Rifle Association Pennsylvania Rifle and Pistol Association Pennsylvania State Pistol Silhouette Association NRA Approved Small Bore Hunters Pistol and Hunter Pistol Silhouette Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs and Wildlife Institute