Irwin Sportsmen's Association's mission shall be the encouragement and development of the honesty, good fellowship, and self discipline which are essential to good sportsmanship in all phases of sports afield as well as the conservation of wildlife and to own or lease grounds and buildings for these purposes.
Sam Sez: Reminding members that the 2020 fishing license will be needed on Jan. 1 2020. Trout stamp also will be needed as well as the Erie stamp if you fish there. PS > HAPPY NEW YEAR
Want to know how the bear season is going? Link is updated often...clickhere.
Look for Tribs comments on deer hunting - click here.
ISA Jr. Rifle Team Pepperoni Roll Fundraiser
Order forms available to print on team page or pick up at clubhouse/meeting
Orders are due Monday March 16, 2020
Delivery to the clubhouse on Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Sellers of 100 rolls or more receive a free ISA team hoodie!
Odds and Ends Info
1. All equipment has been readied for winter. That includes the indoor john which is not available due to lack of water and freezing. Outdoor john is available and it has a light accessible inside the clubhouse at the side door nearest the john.
2. Three Sunday hunting days will be allowed in 2020. Actual dates will be published.
3. Payment in lieu of any work party in 2020 will be increased to $20 (now $10) as approved by the membership at the December 2019 meeting. That means dues payment will be $30 per member plus $20 for each of the three required work parties not credited. If all three work parties were not credited, the total payment for the year will be $90. There are so many ways to complete work parties that it should be easy to get that credit. We need your help to keep our facility shining. To get more needed member participation in physical work parties was the main reason to increase the work party amount.
4. 9mm and 380 shell casings have been found in the clubhouse. We allow only 22LR ammo due to safety reasons. Higher caliber rifle ammo could punch a hole through the back stop and injure someone in the back room.
5. If you are the last one out of the facility, please, please lock the gate. It has been found standing open several times.
6. If you use the clubhouse please, please lock the entry door. It has been found unlocked several times. The rule should be "if you unlock it, lock it before you leave".
7. Please send me photos or whatever concerning that trophy you took. I will publish on our bragging page with name and any other info you provide.
- Sunday Hunting - not this season even if approved.
- Tick info at palime.org
- Regularly scheduled work parties are over for 2019.
ISA caps Available for New Years, birthday, and general purpose gifts for only $15 from Dan Nave
FOR SALE, LOST, WANTED, FOUND
FOR SALE - Savage Model 14 .300 WSM with a 3x9 Bushnell Legend scope. Rifle is in great condition. Contact Mike Enick, 724-812-3190. firstname.lastname@example.org Asking $400 OBO. (3/20)
Club House and Picnic Area Rented
October 17th, 2020
NOTICE....RANGES CLOSED ON THESE DATES
June 13th, 2020 - Club house and rifle range 8-4 PM - Church training
June 14th, 2020 - Club house and rifle range 12-4 PM - Church Training
WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
An ISA member and have something you don't use anymore? Lose something? Need something? Send info by email@example.com to list on the For Sale, Found, Wanted listing. It will be listed for at least 3 months unless you contact us first.
We have entered into an agreement with Manor and Irwin Boroughs to allow their police to train and qualify on our pistol and long rifle ranges. They have paid to have member rights. ISA will have a representative on hand during the scheduled dates to assist.
If you are not getting a monthly Newsletter and want one (email saves up to $1.50 over mail) please contact Smokey Burdin. If you want to change or add an email, please let us know. Thanks.
If you or your young person harvests game, please send me a photo. I will put it on the webpage and room permitting, the newsletter. They will be excited to see their photo. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a lot of information and fun to read matters in Outdoor News magazine. One way to get it is to go to this site http://www.outdoornews.com/Pennsylvania/. You can go to other states or a general category can be viewed. You can also subscribe to regular emails and/or magazine from them.
(Click on sponsor card below to enlarge, CLOSE and movement arrows at the bottom of the enlargement to return)
National Rifle Association Pennsylvania Rifle and Pistol Association Pennsylvania State Pistol Silhouette Association NRA Approved Small Bore Hunters Pistol and Hunter Pistol Silhouette Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs and Wildlife Institute